- Where can I purchase tickets?
- Tickets may be purchased online at www.SantaClaritaOktoberfest.com
- What is the Oktoberfest?
- Celebrating its 5th anniversary this year, the Santa Clarita Oktoberfest is a Southern California twist on the original Oktoberfest held annually in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. The original festival is a 16-day festival with more than 6 million people from around the world attending the event every year. During our 2-day tribute, a variety of German and German-style beers will be poured in our Crystal Palace Flemish Spiegeltent, adding to the authentic ambiance. German foods, music, and games (all with a California flavor), will complete your Munich-in-the-Santa Clarita Valley experience.
- Where is the festival located?
- The festival is located in Santa Clarita, 35 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles. Just like last number of years, the festival will take place behind Santa Clarita’s very own Wolf Creek Brewery located in the Southern California Innovation Park (previously Mann BioMed Park). As always, Goose On The Loose Productions will construct a village square that will recall the ambiance of a typical old world street fest, with an authentic vintage Belgian Spiegeltent as the center of attention.
- What is a Spiegeltent?
- Around 1900, Spiegeltents (a/k/a mirror tents) were built in Belgium to be used as traveling dance halls. The numerous mirrors (a/k/a spiegels) in the interior of the tent, made it possible to make discreet eye contact with other visitors. The mirror tents were the environment of night owls, heartbreakers and dream chasers. Spiegeltents were legendary, and are a symbol of the wild fin-de-siecle nightlife. Today, very few of these unique tents have survived the test of time. “Cristal Palace”, the Spiegeltent that will be featured during our event, has been a monumental attraction in Germany, Belgium ,and The Netherlands, since 1947. The russet-colored ambiance of mahogany, and the sparkles from the faceted mirrors provide the visitors with a taste of genuine nostalgia. Goose On The Loose Productions is proud to bring this exclusive environment for the first time ever to Southern California. We would like to express a special thank you to the Klessens family, the 4th generation Belgian spiegeltent builders, and West Coast Spiegeltents to make this happen.
Can I rent the Spiegeltent for private/corporate events when it is “dark”?
Will there be wine?
Yes, as always, we will offer a small, but exclusive variety of fine wines.
Is there a minimum age requirement to attend the festival?
All guests to the Santa Clarita Oktoberfest must be 21 years of age or over. ID’s will be checked at the door. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
What is the cost of admission?
Cost of general admission is $45.00, and $75.00 for VIP Admission. A limited amount of tickets may or may not be sold at the gate. The Festival has sold out for the last 3 years, so please remember to purchase your tickets early!
Are there any discounts or special deals?
Early Bird rates for General Admission tickets are $20 per person. VIP tickets are $50. Early Bird Tickets are available until the end of day 09.15.2018.
After 09.15.2018, General Admission tickets will still be available at a nice discount at $27.50 per person. VIP tickets will go up to $75.
At the gate, General Admission tickets will cost $45 (although it is very unlikely there will be any left!)
- What is included with the General Admission?General Admission tickets include entry into the festival event, a free promotional German beer glass, as well as your first beer (500ml). All entertainment and games are included. Additional Beer Tickets will be sold at $8.00 per ticket (500ml). Complimentary drinking water will be available throughout the festival grounds.
What is included with the VIP admission?
VIP Tickets include admission into the festival, a free promotional glass beer stein, and 2 VIP beer/wine tokens. VIP’s also enjoy a separate registration line, access to the VIP seating area with dedicated bar, and a nice spread of complimentary German beer food. VIP Tickets are limited and are available for both festival days. Additional drink tokens will be sold at $8.00 each. Complimentary bottled waters will be available throughout the festival grounds. VIP guests are invited to stay in the VIP Lounge for an extra hour after the closing of the festival.
Can I bring my own stein?
If you have one, you are more than welcome to bring your own stein, as long as it is empty when you enter, and it is empty when you leave. A single ticket will fill 500ml stein. Different size steins will require the appropriate amount of beer tickets.
Will there be food for sale at the festival?
Yes, a variety of typical German beer food will be made available for purchase through a limited selection of food vendors.
Will designated driver tickets be available?
Designated driver tickets are available at $10.00 and may be purchased in advance, and at the door. A special wristband will be issued identifying designated drivers. Designated drivers receive complimentary water available throughout the festival grounds. All Designated Driver ticket holders must be 21 years of age and over. ID’s will be checked at the door. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
Can more than one guest use a festival pass?
Guests will be issued a wristband at the entrance of the festival. Wristbands issued are non-transferable and may only be used by one guest.
What are the festival hours?
– Friday, October 19 – Gates open at 7:00 pm and festival grounds will be vacated at 11:00 pm. All guests are invited to begin the check-in process at 6:00 pm, however, the festival does not open until 7:00 pm. VIP guests are invited to stay in the VIP Lounge for an extra hour from 11:00 pm to midnight.
– Saturday, October 20 – Gates open at 6:00 pm for both General and VIP admission. General Admission guests will be vacated at 10:00 pm. VIP guests are invited to stay in the VIP Lounge for an extra hour from 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm. All guests are invited to begin the check-in process at 5:00 pm, however, festival gates do not open until 6:00pm
Can tickets be ordered in advance?
Yes, attendance will be limited and events are expected to sell out. To ensure ticket availability, advance purchase is strongly suggested. Tickets can be purchased at www.santaclaritaoktoberfest.com
Where can I park?
There is ample parking around the festival area. Self parking is free. Paid valet parking is available until sold out. We highly encourage guests to use ride services (UBER, Lyft, etc). Guests using these services will be dropped off in a special zone close to the gates.
Is handicap parking available?
Handicap parking is available. Please make sure that all appropriate handicap permits are properly displayed.
Which breweries and wineries will be participating?
Check this website frequently for the most up-to-date list of participating breweries and wineries.
Does the festival benefit a non-profit?
Yes, part of the proceeds benefit a different non-profit each year. We are currently in the middle of designating the 2018 non-profit.
Are there other things I should see and do over that weekend?
Explore the Santa Clarita Valley – a community rich in history and local tradition, with all the amenities of a small town. Savor fine dining, or enjoy a nighttime stroll down the tree-lined streets of the Westfield Valencia Town Center. Visit the City’s website or www.santaclaritaguide.com for more information.
What accommodations are available in Santa Clarita and nearby communities?
The Santa Clarita Valley offers a wonderful mix of quality accommodations, restaurants, and entertainment, in addition to the charm of a small town. Click www.visitsantaclarita.com for more information.
I can’t attend the event, but I’ve already purchased my ticket. What can I do?
We recognize that things come up and we can empathize with your situation. With that said, however, there will be NO REFUNDS, NO EXCHANGES, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. A lot of people and effort has gone into planning this event. You are welcome to invite a friend to utilize your ticket. If that’s the case, simply email us at so we can update the names of attendees.
How can my business become involved with the Santa Clarita Oktoberfest?